Our mission, Our Values
Our mission is to organize a Native American electorate that is informed, active and empowered to participate in the development and implementation of a community and legislative agenda that will improve the quality of life for Indian families living in New Mexico.
- It is a human right for everyone to have access to quality healthcare, especially our elders and children;
- Our young Native students need access to quality and culturally appropriate education in order to be successful;
- The natural environment is central to cultural traditions and sustainability, and we must protect environmental, natural and cultural resources on and off our lands for current and future generations;
- In order to build power as Native Americans we must be active in the electoral process, advocate on policies that impact us, and elect people to office that represent the values and beliefs of our communities;
- Our families deserve the right to provide for their families and that we can create sustainable economies to ensure economic opportunity and self-sufficiency; and,
- Tribal Nations have the inherent power of self-government and should be respected as independent and unique Nations.